An Idea to Consider

Wolverine

Aug 1, 2014
So I know a lot of people that own a hotel and then advertise on other hotels to try and get players. I can almost bet that whoever has owned a hotel, when an advertiser came, you probably banned them then went and checked out there hotel? Right? Yeah, I used to. But anyways, back on track to my idea.

So recently, Owners and players have been coming to my hotel and advertising their hotels, I mean it's not a big deal as we can just IP ban them and they're just putting more time into advertising than what they should be. But, I was thinking to kind of "stop" or "narrow" down on this. It's really annoying and highly unprofessional when a hotel owner comes to your hotel and talks shit then advertises. Yes, I know, I used to do the same thing, I was 12 years old once. To all you new or even older hotel owners, don't go to other peoples hotels and advertise, it's highly unprofessional and makes you look like an idiot.

I'd like to see FindRetros develop a system where if the owner of a certain hotel (for this example, lets use hotel #1) goes on and advertises to another hotel (hotel #2) and that hotel #2 reports hotel owner #1, there find retros account gets suspended for X amount of days or even permanently. Obviously, it'd be a more difficult system. I was thinking that FindRetros could track the owner(s) previous and current IPs when they log into their FindRetros account, then if hotel #2 reports, they'd have to provide the IP address of the user that was advertising and also proof they were advertising. It'd be a bit harder system as people can get your IP, but it's something to think about. Hotel's that advertise on other hotels and are on a higher page, shouldn't be there because there users didn't come legitly, and then we have hotel owners who are working to get users and not advertising on other hotels that are at a lower page. It's really not fair to those people.

Then again, it can have it's cons, photoshop, changing the players IP in the database if they have the persons IP, etc.

Some of you may not like the idea, but it's a good idea, whether you agree or not. If you're scared of getting banned, then hey, there's a simple solution! Don't advertise on other(s) hotels.

In conclusion, I'd like to see people's accounts get suspended for advertising on other hotels, as people lose players/gain votes by doing that.

grand

Sex? Yes please.
May 4, 2014
FindRetros has nothing to do with the security of your hotel, because you're too lazy to maintain it yourself, it just helps you with the popularity of your hotel, being the #1 retros list. If this was actually a real thing, there would be noobs trying to photoshop text, like you said, and it's actually pretty easy. VPNs are also a very viable way of changing IPs.
Advertising is really the only way to get users nowadays, it used to be so easy to, but now there is a bunch of noobs buying retro setups just to get ranks, credits, commands, and slowing destroying the lost cause of the retro scene. Such a damn shame, I know.

TL;DR: Bad idea.

r0ck

Megatron
Jul 18, 2015
When you advertise on another person's hotel, it's efficient because it's free and gets out to multiple people. It can be annoying, but if someone's afraid of a user (an advertiser) taking your own retros users, then you just have a two-faced, shitty community of players. If this system was to be added on FindRetros, it would be abused more than admirable.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Why should the FindRetros moderation team be responsible for your inability to adequately make users happy, and provide a quick and fast deterrent to advertisers ?

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
I'd like to see FindRetros develop a system where if the owner of a certain hotel (for this example, lets use hotel #1) goes on and advertises to another hotel (hotel #2) and that hotel #2 reports hotel owner #1, there find retros account gets suspended for X amount of days or even permanently. Obviously, it'd be a more difficult system. I was thinking that FindRetros could track the owner(s) previous and current IPs when they log into their FindRetros account, then if hotel #2 reports, they'd have to provide the IP address of the user that was advertising and also proof they were advertising. It'd be a bit harder system as people can get your IP, but it's something to think about. Hotel's that advertise on other hotels and are on a higher page, shouldn't be there because there users didn't come legitly, and then we have hotel owners who are working to get users and not advertising on other hotels that are at a lower page. It's really not fair to those people.

We don't handle advertisements or how hotels get their users. We are strictly a retro list site where you find retros and if you feel comfortable you can join it. However, if a retro is gaining more votes illegally such as index voting or what not, then by far means report them.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
What people do on each others hotels isn't of our concern. You have your own moderation system/team for such cases.

Users who are viewing this thread