Adding :gamble command to my retro

skyella

Jun 13, 2018
hello , i am kinda stumped this time around could anyone point me in the right direction for adding :gamble command when near slots?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Do you want the command to execute , or do you want the user to double click on the slot machine and use the gamble command for setting how much they want to gamble?

skyella

Jun 13, 2018
Do you want the command to execute , or do you want the user to double click on the slot machine and use the gamble command for setting how much they want to gamble?
id like the command to execute afters its given yes (i.e :gamble 100 ) and the hotel give a response not too worried about slot interaction , i would like this to only be possible near slots but i can figure that part out if its a hassle .

i cant seem to find much anywhere about getting this command to execute correctly , it feels simple i just cant seem to get it going :/

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Create a command class called gambleCommand.cs

First write the command without the check to see if there's a slot machine.

If you need help with this part let me know. Once you get that working I'll help with the code to find a nearby slot machine

skyella

Jun 13, 2018
Create a command class called gambleCommand.cs

First write the command without the check to see if there's a slot machine.

If you need help with this part let me know. Once you get that working I'll help with the code to find a nearby slot machine
i apprciate it , i think my problem roots in creating the process to start ( withdrawing $$ and "rolling " ) i think i understand how to only allow near a certain object

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Okay, PM me.

I appreciate learning and developing your skills in the community, and always understand you having a simple question.
Where I fall short is when someone becomes a developer for a hotel, with no experience and cannot complete the task you were hired to complete. If you want to learn and grow, you need to first open your own and learn from your own mistakes - and not cause fault to someone else's retro.

For anyone still interested in helping Skyella, Just bear in mind if you give him the code he needs to complete this command he will be taking credit for coding the command. He needs to learn how to code it himself.

Skyella, if you rephrase your questions to specific parts of the command and not asking for practically the entire command to be coded, I will still help you, but I am not going to be coding it for you.

There are multiple examples within the emulator where a users credits get manipulated, and it shows you the packet to send out to update the credits after changing them. As far as "rolling" goes it depends on how you want it done, but probably just a random number generator (Random rand = new Random(); and rand.NextInt(min, max); which is an easy google )

skyella

Jun 13, 2018
i apprciate the time again, but i am not a dev for this hotel, ive been asked to help with this command because i have some knowledge , i am to gain nothing from this other than having the command to use in the hotel . i wasnt looking for the code as a whole, but rather finding the pieces i needed to put together in order to execute this command , this was obviously taken out of context.

Okay, PM me.

I appreciate learning and developing your skills in the community, and always understand you having a simple question.
Where I fall short is when someone becomes a developer for a hotel, with no experience and cannot complete the task you were hired to complete. If you want to learn and grow, you need to first open your own and learn from your own mistakes - and not cause fault to someone else's retro.

For anyone still interested in helping Skyella, Just bear in mind if you give him the code he needs to complete this command he will be taking credit for coding the command. He needs to learn how to code it himself.

Skyella, if you rephrase your questions to specific parts of the command and not asking for practically the entire command to be coded, I will still help you, but I am not going to be coding it for you.

There are multiple examples within the emulator where a users credits get manipulated, and it shows you the packet to send out to update the credits after changing them. As far as "rolling" goes it depends on how you want it done, but probably just a random number generator (Random rand = new Random(); and rand.NextInt(min, max); which is an easy google )

this is much more along what i was asking for , what tools i needed . not the product itself . this is a project for me aswell, in improving my skills

Okay, PM me.

"shadow dev" in your screen cap refers to the fact that im getting nothing out of it. no recognition , nothing . just trying to get it to work

Users who are viewing this thread