Adding custom effects to client (r63b + PlusEMU)

BetaJedi

May 27, 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to add some custom effects to my hotel anywhere in the enable 900-999 range to avoid future conflicts. Namely, I am doing recolours of the lightsaber enable (AKA LightTorch.swf), but I can't seem to work out how it all works together or am missing a key step.

I've made my SWF files and tested they work by replacing the current LightTorch.swf with my new ones renamed, and they seem fine. But, when I try to add them in as a separate enable I run in to problems. So far I have tried:

• Customising the LightTorch.swf and recompiling it under a new name (DarkyTorch.swf) and putting this in the production folder.
  • Opening HabboAvatarActions.xml and putting in a new line of code with the correct ID - in this case:
    Code:
    <type id="990" animated="true" prevents="usei,cri" />
  • Opening effectmap.xml and putting a line in for the new enable - in this case:
    Code:
    <effect id="990" lib="DarkyTorch" type="fx" revision="62459"/>
  • Clearing cache and reloading the client and emulator multiple times.

I can't help but feel I'm missing an important step as dumping the SWF file in to the production release folder and changing those two files doesn't seem to do very much.

Any guides for idiots or steps I've missed?

Cheers

BetaJedi

May 27, 2014
Edit: OK, I think I understand what you mean @JayCustom . I'm guessing you mean this part in the binary data:
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm guessing that this fx196 part of the string (and any other mention of it) needs to be updated with the enable ID I am using, in this case I'd change it to fx990 ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread