Add badge to Room Bundle (Arcturus)

Ridge

Jul 11, 2016
Hey!
This is the first time I've been completely stumped. I've tried everything I can think of so far, but I can't figure it out.
I want to add a badge to Room Bundles, much like Habbo do:
You must be registered for see images attach
I know how to add a badge to a furni item, but I'm stumped for Room Bundles.
So far I've tried:
* Same as adding badges to a furni item (badge in items_base, add id in item_ids of catalog_items), but of course, Room Bundles (I think) take pretty much all the data from the room_id in catalog_pages rather than item_ids/catalog_items, from what I can see.
* Adding both badge code and badge id to column badge in catalog_items (separately)
* At my wits end I put the badge on a catalog page, and "included" it in the Room Bundle page (using includes.) Which, of course, didn't work.

Thanks for any help!

Ridge

Jul 11, 2016
Show me your room bundles database table
Thanks for replying! There isn't a table just for Room Bundles, but there's an entry in both catalog_pages:
And catalog_items:
screenshot_15-png.7813

Attachments

• Screenshot_15.png
    Screenshot_15.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 412

Ridge

Jul 11, 2016
Add the Badge ID to the "badge" field ind Catalog_items and update catalogue
As I said in the post, I tried this :(
I tried it again, and it didn't work unfortunately. Even with typical furni items it doesn't do anything, so I think the badge column/field is potentially from previous Arcturus versions, now replaced with the item_ids method, or something. I'm not too sure; I only got into using Arcturus quite recently!

Ridge

Jul 11, 2016
Where does it build that bundle at? Where do you set the catalog items you want in the bundle?
The room_id at the end of the catalog_page entry; it takes it straight from the originally built room. When you're standing in the room, you use the :bundle command:

e.g. :bundle 777 0 50 5
Will put the room bundle under the page that has the id 777, for the cost of 50 "5" currency (5 = Diamonds) + 0 Credits

Ridge

Jul 11, 2016
If they get the badge , can't they just redeem it from the stand if they want it?
I don't know how they work on Habbo (I'm too poor for credits :p) but for us just clicking it shows the badge name and description in a trophy-like display, badges can't be redeemed from them. :(
The only way I know to give badges is through the commands ( :givebadge, :massbadge, etc) using Reward wired (which we can't place in a Room Bundle as users can use them to give themselves diamonds, etc), through an individual furni purchase, and I think there's rcon for it. I wouldn't know about rcon though! :p

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
I don't know how they work on Habbo (I'm too poor for credits :p) but for us just clicking it shows the badge name and description in a trophy-like display, badges can't be redeemed from them. :(
The only way I know to give badges is through the commands ( :givebadge, :massbadge, etc) using Reward wired (which we can't place in a Room Bundle as users can use them to give themselves diamonds, etc), through an individual furni purchase, and I think there's rcon for it. I wouldn't know about rcon though! :p
If I recall, when you buy a badge it automatically gives you a badge in your inventory. Too bad Arcturus isn't open source anymore, because you could of maybe modified the code to insert the badge. However, i remember it supporting a plugin system so maybe develop a plugin system that will give a badge once a bundle is bought.

Ridge

Jul 11, 2016
If I recall, when you buy a badge it automatically gives you a badge in your inventory. Too bad Arcturus isn't open source anymore, because you could of maybe modified the code to insert the badge. However, i remember it supporting a plugin system so maybe develop a plugin system that will give a badge once a bundle is bought.
Yeah badge shops work fine, and buying from an individual furni item (like a rare), but attaching it to a Room Bundle (so when you buy the bundle, the badge adds to your inventory) doesn't seem to be supported :( I might have to see if a plugin is possible, maybe to get it to take the badge code from the badge column/field in catalog_items.
Thank you for all your help everyone :D

Rystbo

-Hotel Owner, -Customs Developer, -Arcturus
Apr 16, 2018
Hey!
This is the first time I've been completely stumped. I've tried everything I can think of so far, but I can't figure it out.
So far I've tried:
* Same as adding badges to a furni item (badge in items_base, add id in item_ids of catalog_items), but of course, Room Bundles (I think) take pretty much all the data from the room_id in catalog_pages rather than item_ids/catalog_items, from what I can see.
* Adding both badge code and badge id to column badge in catalog_items (separately)
* At my wits end I put the badge on a catalog page, and "included" it in the Room Bundle page (using includes.) Which, of course, didn't work.

Thanks for any help!

Ok sorry for a very very late response to this as I have been working to figure a way around this shit. Here is where im at, what I did was place an image of the badge with the teaser (see below)
Now i was trying to think of an alternate way to get the badge so we have two options --> a crackable box (this is the black one thats in the bundle) or an achievement that is won by opening the crackable.
This is the point im currently at and cant quiet get it yet but i will update you if i can get something to work. Again sorry for the late responce.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not too sure how to do this in Arcturus, but if it were in Plus, you could just code a new page type similar to the way the front page is coded on the CatalogPage class, then have it collect from a column for example, badge_bundle, if that does not equal null, then have it insert the badge code into user_badges on the PurchaseFromCatalogEvent class.

Rystbo

-Hotel Owner, -Customs Developer, -Arcturus
Apr 16, 2018
Hey!
So far I've tried:

Thanks for any help!

Check out this video, i got it to work.
What i did was create the bundle, and then create the badge item that you normally would if you wanted to add a sellable badge to the catalog.
Next i created the image for the bundle but added the badge image to the top left (this is what you see in the catalog)
Next i added the badge item id to the bundle items

Purchase and good to go
Post automatically merged:

Hey!
So far I've tried:

Thanks for any help!

Last and final update.... So you dont need to edit the badge onto the image for it to show.

What you want to do (in short) is create a badge for the catalog like you normally would.
Next, take that badge id and place it in the bundle with an amount of 1 like you would any furni in that bundle.
Update your furni catalog ect. and it should work.

I will post a tutorial when i find time

Last edited:

Hunt

Mar 5, 2019
First you will have to create an item with your badge, create an ID for it in the items_base table, create an ID, in sprite_ID you leave it empty, in public_name and item_name you put the badge code, then in interaction you change to "s "to "b ". Once this is done go to the catalog_items look for the generated page in your roombundle, and add your badge ID in the "extra" column.

Users who are viewing this thread