Account addons

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
I think there should be a shop page where you can buy account addons like...

Clear username history - $3
Delete a unwanted account - $5
Custom themes/backgrounds (profiles only) - $10

cant really think of anything else atm but this would be a brilliant idea @bigdawg
im sure the scripts will be easy to create and implementing profile themes. i think it would be some cool feautures to add to devbest.

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
pay to win devbest, since when did EA take over holyyy shitttt!?
um wouldn't it already be that by paying to change your username color?
basically there's no difference, but I think it's a great idea there'll be new ways to support devbest

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I think there should be a shop page where you can buy account addons like...

Clear username history - $3
Delete a unwanted account - $5
Custom themes/backgrounds (profiles only) - $10

cant really think of anything else atm but this would be a brilliant idea @bigdawg
I'm sure the scripts will be easy to create and implementing profile themes. I think it would be some cool features to add to devbest.
I don't see many uses to these. Clearing the username history of a user only makes Moderation harder, also gives them a little buy-out if they come in trouble. They'll just change their name, delete history then wallah fresh start.

For Deleting an unwanted account, this achieves nothing tbh. Though it might Stop people spamming that account etc. But it will also mean what if someone deleted then changed their mind? it would just cause issues.

For the third one, this is quite obvious. It will have to be moderated heavily and wouldn't be worth the hassle for something little.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
This is slightly off topic but I'll clarify why we don't delete accounts. Deleting an account would remove posts which create these holes where if you're reading a thread you have to try and figure out what the last reply was so you know why people are saying what they are.
We don't want to lose the content

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
I don't see many uses to these. Clearing the username history of a user only makes Moderation harder, also gives them a little buy-out if they come in trouble. They'll just change their name, delete history then wallah fresh start.

For Deleting an unwanted account, this achieves nothing tbh. Though it might Stop people spamming that account etc. But it will also mean what if someone deleted then changed their mind? it would just cause issues.

For the third one, this is quite obvious. It will have to be moderated heavily and wouldn't be worth the hassle for something little.

1. people will have to pay though so its a win i guess for both sides
2. what if its a account with zero post etc?
3. thats why users have to choose between themes that bigdawg puts on the forum and not allowed to upload their own...

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
3. thats why users have to choose between themes that bigdawg puts on the forum and not allowed to upload their own...

Why does anyone need to hide username history? Being an Internet warrior must be tough if you have to hide your previous aliases.
Why would anyone want to delete an account that has 0 posts?
Theme for profile looks like a waste of resources.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Good XenForo themes aren't free. It also might cause confusion.

As for point 2, I'll refer to the global forum rules which state making multiple accounts isn't allowed. Why create a paid function for users that's against the rules anyways.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Why does anyone need to hide username history? Being an Internet warrior must be tough if you have to hide your previous aliases.
Why would anyone want to delete an account that has 0 posts?
Theme for profile looks like a waste of resources.
you have valid points but u have to admit i have good points also.... why does everyone have to have negative criticism for every idea and suggestion? makes it for people to not want to post any...

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
you have valid points but u have to admit i have good points also.... why does everyone have to have negative criticism for every idea and suggestion? makes it for people to not want to post any...
It's not negative criticism. I just don't see a point to any of these and wanted to know why someone would want this added. The custom theme is likely the only one that I would consider OK, but doubt there's a XenForo plugin for it.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Because we don't agree with the suggestions given? They simply aren't realistic.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
First you have to answer why this needs to be implemented.
some people dont want their past usernames shown not for bad reasons but just because they dont like having their past usernames shown for everyone... atleast make it show that people can hide username history and only mods can see it

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
some people dont want their past usernames shown not for bad reasons but just because they dont like having their past usernames shown for everyone... atleast make it show that people can hide username history and only mods can see it
See, that is a much better feature request. Currently I think the only way to do this is to disable the viewing of your profile (can only be viewed by people you follow or something)

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
See, that is a much better feature request. Currently I think the only way to do this is to disable the viewing of your profile (can only be viewed by people you follow or something)
never knew that, ill look into it. i still want bigdawg to take my ideas into consideration though

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
That's the whole point. If something can be used for bad, don't add it.

Users who are viewing this thread