PlayStation About to get a PS4 And I Have Questions

HonkyWam

Tickle me Elmo!
Dec 8, 2011
So I'm about to buy a ps4 in about a week so first off all I have a bandwidth cap which is a download cap of 300 gb So I can't download over 300 gigabytes of stuff I'm the only one who uses the internet and I have bandwidth monitors on my pc and my isp website is where I can monitor it but it updates every 24 hours that's why I have a program on the pc that calculates the amount of bandwidth being used by my pc.

So anyways, I am going to be getting CD Versions of the game and I am wondering if the CD version installs the game without using any type of internet connection? I know it has to update the games but does like for example Destiny it requires 60gb of free space, does it download it using internet connection? Or does it straight up install it from the CD itself?

Also I am asking this because I don't want it to mess with my ISP bills and me having to pay a fee for going over my 300gb download cap.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
So I'm about to buy a ps4 in about a week so first off all I have a bandwidth cap which is a download cap of 300 gb So I can't download over 300 gigabytes of stuff I'm the only one who uses the internet and I have bandwidth monitors on my pc and my isp website is where I can monitor it but it updates every 24 hours that's why I have a program on the pc that calculates the amount of bandwidth being used by my pc.

So anyways, I am going to be getting CD Versions of the game and I am wondering if the CD version installs the game without using any type of internet connection? I know it has to update the games but does like for example Destiny it requires 60gb of free space, does it download it using internet connection? Or does it straight up install it from the CD itself?

Also I am asking this because I don't want it to mess with my ISP bills and me having to pay a fee for going over my 300gb download cap.

You should be fine, you'll only really need an internet connection if you really care about the day 1/hotfixes/future patches that all games get these days. Though, Destiny will more than likely require a large amount of patches before play, as it has had so many patches since release. Patches are usually small quite small for most games, though there are exceptions. I've stopped buying discs for all my machines. :p

HonkyWam

Tickle me Elmo!
Dec 8, 2011
You should be fine, you'll only really need an internet connection if you really care about the day 1/hotfixes/future patches that all games get these days. Though, Destiny will more than likely require a large amount of patches before play, as it has had so many patches since release. Patches are usually small quite small for most games, though there are exceptions. I've stopped buying discs for all my machines. :p
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread