Ability to delete account

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I think users should have the ability to permanently delete their account making all post, threads and everything by them anonymous. When a person deletes their account their threads, account, etc all shows up as "deleted_account" or something like that. Of course when someone deletes their account the username is not reusable to prevent fraud.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
It's kind of pointless seeings as you said:
Of course when someone deletes their account the username is not reusable to prevent fraud.
What's the point in it being "deleted" in the case you've explained it's basically exactly the same as what's happening now..

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
It's kind of pointless seeings as you said:

What's the point in it being "deleted" in the case you've explained it's basically exactly the same as what's happening now..
i just saying if you don't need the account then remove the password of your browser simple as then it go into inactive account

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Or just fuck up so badly a Super MOD decides to ban you. There's literally no need to delete accounts, let alone recovering them when someone's account gets hacked and removed.

Don't do stupid stuff on the internet and there's no problem. There's almost no forum that lets you delete accounts or even deletes them for you.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
I think users should have the ability to permanently delete their account making all post, threads and everything by them anonymous. When a person deletes their account their threads, account, etc all shows up as "deleted_account" or something like that. Of course when someone deletes their account the username is not reusable to prevent fraud.
The issue with deleting peoples accounts is,
  1. peoples post that hold valuable information is gone.
  2. people could harass others then delete the evidence.
  3. people could get hacked and have there account deleted, making it really hard to recover your account.
  4. can't sell your history if we delete it.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
There's no reason to have this feature in a small application.
HOWEVER, there was this one time that i needed to delete a cam account because it was associated with my main digital footprint.
This is imo the only time such a feature would be of use.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
damn some of you are getting your panties all tangled up. it was just a suggestion geez

Users who are viewing this thread