2 Suggestions

Coder

Jan 4, 2011
1) Create a PHP script that will go through your database and check the domain for each of the topsites. It will then delete those that dont exist.

2) Make a hit counter. Cou nts how mnay users click the link to the hotel, then admin can see it.

If you need help, ask me ;) I'm a Coder :p

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
It's really not needed that's what votes are for, why does a admin need to know how many hits a hotel gets?

Coder

Jan 4, 2011
Because we want to see if encouraging our users to vote on the topsite is worth it. To see if people actually click it. To see where our users come from - Topsites, or each specific forum, or from referrals.

It is very useful to analyze where traffic is coming from then focus our resources in that direction and get more traffic. It's called proper management.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
1) Create a PHP script that will go through your database and check the domain for each of the topsites. It will then delete those that dont exist.
Can you explain that one bit? It didn't make much sense.
And i believe this already exist?
About number 2: I think this tells how many visits thehabbos have:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
1) Could you please explain that suggestion more thoroughly, as it does not make sense to me.

2) All out going clicks are recorded, however they are currently not being shown as I have redone the user profiles. However, I will be sure to add that feature back in the future. As for your suggestion as to wanting the topsites to tell you where your traffic is coming from, we simply can not and will not do that. That would take up immense resources of ours, and would not be worth it. However, if you would like to see where your traffic is coming from, try Google Analytics.

Coder

Jan 4, 2011
1. I meant DNS Validation on all the hotels in the database (I Couldn't think of the word DNS at the time :p)

2. You misunderstood me. I didn't mean for you to provide me with a report of where my traffic comes from, all I ask is for the number of clicks (eg referrals from thehabbos) there are. I can use that number as a part of my own personal analyzing of traffic. Digg? :D

btw, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread