Your thoughts on my revCMS skin? [ORIGINAL]

Brackston

Aug 6, 2014
So basically Ive been working on a revcms skin for a while now and wanted you to take a look. I took away the tabs up the top and the sub navigator and switched it to a drop down menu as I thought it was better. I changed the randomfacts.php to a message, added many pages, cleaned up code, added UOTW, twitter feed, etc. Heres a look.
A3ggbZq.png

What are your thoughts of it? [STILL NEEDED TO BE FIXED UP IN SOME AREAS, IM PERSONALLY DISLIKING THE GREY BAR UP THE TOP MYSELF. MIGHT CHANGE IT TO A NICER GRAY]

Cheers :)

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
I don't like it at all, sorry.
The text alignment is really messy
The colours clash and make it look tacky
The opacity is too low
The overall header alignment is a bit random

I think generally CMS' with that sort of layout are ugly and too crowded.
Decent attempt though :up:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Nothing really special, only thing different is the nav & it looks horrid. good luck though. I 100% agree with TheZymf with his statement aswell. but keep working with it you'll improve! :D

Brackston

Aug 6, 2014
Yeah I was having some troubles centring it right. And idk how to make each of the tabs separated with the original tabs.png behind it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Okay this isn't "Original" the only thing it looks like you did was edit the tabs to instead of listing the pages , it put them underneath. But I doubt you did that, I think what you did was put them all by hand underneath instead of using the database as a quick tool to making the navigator, and making it so all people had to do would be add it to the database and it would add another section.

Also to touch on the navigator, It doesn't look good where its at because everything in habbo is made to be on the left.. (client especially)

As other people have mentioned though, text alignment = no good, and to improve the quality you need to make the buttons look better. They are a grey box..

Here's an idea you could do:

Redo the navigator to use original revCMS buttons, and then recode it so instead of the cms putting them UNDERNEATH the buttons, you can click a button for a drop down menu like you where doing. Also the spacing in each box is wayy too much.

Brackston

Aug 6, 2014
I agree it's horrible, but I'm new to CDs and pho. As said in the thread, it's still being worked on. The black drop down menu is bad at the moment but as soon as I fix it I'll update you guys :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread