[RevCMS] Facebook Login [RevCMS]

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Hey, DevBest!
Today I'm releasing a Facebook Login script for RevCMS!
It allows users to register to your hotel with a single click of a button!
Now, this script only allows the logging in and registering of a user.
Upon registering, they'll be assigned a random username and a password which you can change (preferably random also).
It'd be best if somewhere in your site (like the account section) users who signed up with Facebook had a one-time username change.

So... what do I need to do?

You'll need to create a Facebook application ( ).
Upon creating the Facebook application, note the Application ID and the Application Secret (you'll need to put them in "fb.php").
You'll need to add the column `fb_id` into the `users` table.

You can see it in action here:

Enjoy!

P.S. If you get any errors or I missed something, give me a shout!

Download:

Tando

Norwegian Steam Engine
Oct 23, 2011
It was on the livepreview earlier. Seems like they changed to a rp theme. I didn't test the facebook login as I do not want to have anything connected to my Facebook account.

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
Seems he's put it back up, seems like a simple script, as you don't get to choose password even so therefore it must use your Facebook password to login, in which my opinion I would never use.

Tando

Norwegian Steam Engine
Oct 23, 2011
@Spoderman Well, you use your Facebook account to login with, meaning you don't use a password.
If you could chose a username after you have created the account with Facebook it would be great. Hope someone will do this and release it :)

Benn

Nov 23, 2013
But we give users the option of :flagme which allows them to change there username in client and also you can change your password on the cms and still use facebook to login. Its a very god systematic way of logging in.

Tando

Norwegian Steam Engine
Oct 23, 2011
It's often only given to very high VIP memberships or on most hotels not given at all. I think it would be nicer to have the option to change username right after registration once. As for passwords, they should be disabled in Account Settings if it's a Facebook connected account.

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
Just so you all know. Your Facebook password is not accessible via the Facebook API.
Facebook doesn't give your passwords to anybody.
We just use a single code to log you in (which is not your password and changes every time).

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
CAN U FURTHER EXPLAIN DIS TUTORIAL IM HAVING 1337 CRASHDOWN.
i made an app called sumtingloginname, went and got the login button from them
and it wont register/login? Explain further.

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
CAN U FURTHER EXPLAIN DIS TUTORIAL IM HAVING 1337 CRASHDOWN.
i made an app called sumtingloginname, went and got the login button from them
and it wont register/login? Explain further.
You don't need to get the login button from them, just put alll the files in your wwwroot, edit the ones that need editing with your app_id and app_Secret, I'm sure it's fb.php and then just put any button on your index leading to url/fb.php

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
You don't need to get the login button from them, just put alll the files in your wwwroot, edit the ones that need editing with your app_id and app_Secret, I'm sure it's fb.php and then just put any button on your index leading to url/fb.php
ermeged Spoderman you saved the day! Thanks ;)

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
Probably would be best to allow your users to change their passwords regardless of it being a Facebook linked account.
Better still, make them change their password before continuing if they registered with Facebook.
This script allows users (who are registered via Facebook) to use either Facebook connect or a password.
Now, since the password is pre-defined, if anyone knew you were using this script and knew which user logged in / registered with Facebook, that person would know the password to be "NaN". Which is why I recommended you either change the pre-defined password to a more complex password or (if you know how) have PHP generate a random one.

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Probably would be best to allow your users to change their passwords regardless of it being a Facebook linked account.
Better still, make them change their password before continuing if they registered with Facebook.
This script allows users (who are registered via Facebook) to use either Facebook connect or a password.
Now, since the password is pre-defined, if anyone knew you were using this script and knew which user logged in / registered with Facebook, that person would know the password to be "NaN". Which is why I recommended you either change the pre-defined password to a more complex password or (if you know how) have PHP generate a random one.
Wait a minute how would you connect fb.php to the index page? Do we need to get a login button from facebook or what?

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
Create a link navigating to fb.php
Could be a simple text link or an image link. Whatever you like.

Users who are viewing this thread