[DEV] Dsnap Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Welcome to my Dsnap development thread, Ive basically made this thread so people can see what im planning to include and for any ideas you all have, and the fact a few people have been asking for Dsnap to be fixed/updated

The new version will for now be WINDOWS only, However there is a cross platform version in the making, however i dont know when i will get this version completed.
Furthermore The new version will only upload to YOUR website, i am removing the option to upload to Dsnap servers, Although i did make some better security measures, i feel that since i dont have 'premium' hosting that i will wait to add this feature.

So What do i plan to include in this project:
  • Picture filters (think instagram)
  • Gallery tab (will show all the pictures youve screenshotted and uploaded to your site)
  • Paint feature - Will be able to draw on your images before uploading etc
  • Upload to your own FTP
  • Short keys (customisble?)
  • Drag 'n' Drop images into form and upload
  • The Program will come with The Image cloud script for your website
thats all i can think of atm, any ideas etc are welcome

depends how lazy i am i dont have a date of release yet lol

edit: im also trying to think of a different name for Dsnap to rebrand it

Last edited:

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
What you guys don't know is when you enter your FTP details, he has coded it so it emails them to him!

FFS just leaked all my plans, project abandoned

so i need a little bit of feedback / ideas for the gallery/Previously uploaded form..

ive got it so when you load form it shows all your previous upload, where you can select from the box and it will show you in picturebox etc, then youll be given the choice to delete, edit? etc

this is just what i have so far and the design is obviously not added yet..thanks

any ideas, improvements, feedback wanted

175O2H8E.png

Last edited by a moderator:

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Can you hide the file extension in the list? then somewhere else on the screen when the image is selected show image type and size or something?
Also add stamps? e.x: Big Red Kiss Mark, Chains ( drag n drop onto pic? )

Looks good so far!

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Can you hide the file extension in the list? then somewhere else on the screen when the image is selected show image type and size or something?
Also add stamps? e.x: Big Red Kiss Mark, Chains ( drag n drop onto pic? )

Looks good so far!

thanks for ideas/feedback, yeah ill be able to hide that info and the stamps etc idea will come onto the edit form, this is just an idea for the gallery/previously uploaded form atm, wanted to see if this was an alright way to do

Also added a link box below so you can easily get the URL, Also deleting a picture now works too

7DRY5INC.png

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Add a button to copy url to clipboard

thanks for idea, Gonna do so when you click textbox it automatically copies to clipboard

edit: you click on box and it copies to clipboard, thanks for idea

Does it get the images from the url or are they also stored locally?

Well the user can select if they want to store locally or upload, so itll get from both locations, obviously multiple images wont be shown

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Are you also going to give it a own graphical design, or sticking with windows default?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
@Donkey I'd say making it automatically copy to clipboard when you click the box is a bit intrusive, people may not want that. I've often clicked something by accident and had important data stored in my clipboard and it's been overwritten. I'd just stick with the button.

I'd also just stick with a standard Windows forms design, as you have. Don't overcomplicate it with a custom GUI. Windows default forms look sleek, however give it a better font and space things out a tad more.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
@Donkey I'd say making it automatically copy to clipboard when you click the box is a bit intrusive, people may not want that. I've often clicked something by accident and had important data stored in my clipboard and it's been overwritten. I'd just stick with the button.

I'd also just stick with a standard Windows forms design, as you have. Don't overcomplicate it with a custom GUI. Windows default forms look sleek, however give it a better font and space things out a tad more.

True I may keep where you just click a button or simply highlight the text in the box yourself

Regarding the design idk what I'm doing yet however the design ATM is simply just like that while I code etc :p

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Apologies for double post but what's @Markshall gonna do? Ban me? Jaja

I'll merge later

Anyway il at work for a 10 hour shift then I plan on doing some features/redoing the 'core' any ideas much appreciated

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Perhaps a shortened URL option? Shortening the URL of the image before copying the URL into the clipboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread